Fall is upon us, and for all of my fellow crafters/decorators out there, it’s go time! Now is the perfect time to get thinking about all of those fun fall crafts you want to get started on.
The other day my Grandma asked me to help her with a project consisting of finding purpose for some of her Longaberger baskets. She had three coordinating octagon baskets in different sizes.
She found herself inspired by this arrangement:
By all means this is a gorgeous arrangment most definitely. However, this arrangement called for real oranges and kumquats. Gram wasn’t too keen on putting perishables in it, instead she wanted to go artificial.
Of course shopping for all of the supplies was a grand old time. Gram let me find the goodies, but she has a great eye so I made sure she agreed with my decisions. Considering this was going on her table once we were finished.
We found two different kinds of artificial greens, a combo bag of pinecones and acorns, and some faux mini pumpkins to use in place of the oranges.
DIY Fall Basket Centerpiece
What You Need:
- 10 inch octagon or round basket
- 8 inch octagon or round basket
- 6 inch octagon or round basket
- Floral foam (enough to fill every basket)
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Glue gun
- Artificial mini pumpkins
- Two types of faux greenery
- Acorns (preferably with wire ends)
- Small pillar candle
- Start by cutting your floral foam and arranging it to fill each of your three baskets. (Note: this doesn’t have to be perfect or pretty as it will be covered up by your florals)
- Once your foam fills your basket, cut a circular piece about a half inch high which is what each of your baskets will be propped up on.
- Stack your baskets and arrange them and level them out as needed.
- Trim your top basket floral foam to allow your candle to fit snugly.
- Start trimming your greenery alternating long and short pieces to fill out your basket layers. Use both types of greenery to allow for dimension.
- Fill the baskets with pinecones, acorns, and mini pumpkins. Use the floral wire if you’d like these items secured in your floral foam.
- Place your beautiful creation on your desired location of choice, and admire!